Some other tips to help make this night as safe as possible follow (because when it comes to participation, our city has no problem).
- Children should stay in groups with at least one adult
- Several people in the group should carry flashlights
- Children should be careful not to run across the street...look both ways!
- Don't accept candy or treats whose wrapper has been tampered with or opened
- Stay away from tricks (pranks can be destructive and could be considered vandalism)...focus on treats!
The North County Fire Authority also has released a Media Advisory regarding Halloween Safety. Check it out here. With that, have a SAFE and Happy Halloween!