- The San Mateo Emergency Preparedness Expo is happening TOMORROW from 10am - 2pm at South San Francisco High School (400 B St., SSF). This is a FREE event for all who want to know how they can be prepared for the next major disaster. Food and giveaways, included!
- Sunday, Sept. 13th marks the 6th Annual Sierra Point Prowl, a 5K/10K fun run sponsored by the Lions Club. If you haven't yet registered, there's still time. Just come to the Marina at 9am that morning to quickly do so. A BBQ lunch by the Lions is included with your sign-up!
- If you'd like to take a nice stroll at the Marina, instead...Sunday will be the day you'll want to do that, as the British Car Meet will once again be taking place along the docks of the Brisbane Marina. The car meet has been gathering hundreds of classic and quirky British cars together in the Bay Area for the past three decades and we're fortunate they've chosen the Marina as the venue for their "smashing" event. It all starts Sunday morning at 8:30am and goes on until the afternoon. Come and enjoy the sights, as well as that tasty Lions Club BBQ!
- Join your fellow Brisbane residents next Saturday, Sept. 19th for the annual Lagoon Clean-Up Day. Come to Fisherman's Park at 9am and leave with a commemorative t-shirt, lunch, and the knowledge that your volunteer efforts have helped the lagoon remain home to numerous wildlife and habitat species...not to mention, looking ever so pristine!
- We've saved this fifth item for last, to drive home the message that tonight will be THE LAST Concert in the Park for the summer. LAVA will be here to perform different styles of Latin music such as Latin Jazz, Cha-Cha-Cha, Latin Rock, Latin Funk, and Salsa. Click here for a list of songs they cover, and to sample some of the music they play.
And not to conflict with any of these weekend events, we wanted to inform you of the resurfacing work that will be taking place Sept. 15-Sept. 18 on northbound Bayshore Blvd. directly following the 101 offramp. See the map below for the specific location:
The resurfacing work starts on Tuesday morning and concludes on Friday afternoon, 9am-4pm each of the days. If traveling through the construction area, please exercise caution and be aware of traffic control, construction equipment, and construction workers. If you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Department at 415-508-2130. Thank you in advance for your patience as we make the roads safer and more enjoyable for you to drive on. With that, enjoy the weekend!