Construction of a soil nail retaining wall is slated to begin in mid-June at the 900 block of Humboldt Rd. (between Glen Pkwy & Kings Rd.), and will continue through August 2008. In doing so, the City is continuing in its stabilization efforts and to prevent the hillside from sliding again in the event of heavy winter storms. Due to construction and lane closures, motorists are advised to expect delays at the 800 block of Humboldt. Please take alternate routes around the work areas if possible and be cautious of traffic control, construction equipment, and workers when traveling in or near the construction area.
But it doesn't hurt to exercise extra precaution before then! Starting next Wednesday (6/18) through the following Tuesday (6/24), we will be conducting annual pavement maintenance through asphalt slurry sealing. This is a low-cost surface treatment that preserves the existing asphalt on our streets. Residents whose streets have been selected to be slurry sealed will be individually notified on Monday (6/16). See below to see if you will be in any way impacted:
- Work is scheduled to be performed between 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Alternating cul-de-sacs in the Northeast Ridge will be closed off during that time (road width prevents doing the work in phases)
- Mission Blue Dr. will be 1-way ONLY Wednesday and Thursday
- Santa Clara St. will be 1-way ONLY Thursday and Friday (all traffic will be from San Francisco Ave. to San Bruno Ave.)
- San Bruno Ave. (between Thomas Ave. & Bayshore Blvd.) will be 1-way ONLY Thursday and Friday (all traffic will run southbound)
- Brisbane Police and Fire departments have been notified, along with USPS, UPS, and FedEx.